Product Review: BH Cosmetics Day and Night Palette, Duo Blush Palette and Liquid Eyeliner

The first of many product review blog posts.  Please note, I purchased these items, they were not given to me to review.  Read the Disclaimer about blog content.

I was introduced to this company via YouTube.  I know, I know -- I'm a YT Junkie!!!! I do not recall who I was watching but I remember my first purchase, an 88 color palette (I have three of them, cool shimmer, tropical shimmer and standard matte).  In comparison to Coastal Scents, a similar company that had been out longer than BH - I believe, had the same products, well similar but BH products were less expensive than CS - thus my continued patronage in addition to the pigmentation hence quality of their products.  Which brings me to the topic of this post - NEW BH Products.

BH Cosmetics has been on a roll lately with the launch of new products added to the collection. From jumbo eye shadow pencils to long wearing foundation and new brushes, BH is coming into their own quite nicely.  What is incredible about this product line is the versatility, quality and price points.


The Day and Night Palette 

If you haven't heard about this palette yet, then you should get on it!!! The color choices are great! It contains, reds, oranges, yellows, blues, purples, pinks, greens and several neutral shade tones both matte and shimmer for a custom made look for any event.  The packaging is sleek, great for travel and most importantly affordable.  Sixty colors is a lot less overwhelming than 88 or even 120; so, for a makeup newbie who is used to a duo's or quad's, this is a great way to start experimenting with color.  The pigmentation is exquisite - I am very pleased with this product. The pan sizes are like those of an 88 palette, so they are tiny - a bit smaller than the BH Party Girl Palette that has 40 shades. 4.5 out of 5 stars. 


Duo Blush Palette
Blush is something that still kind of frightens me - especially when you don't try it out before you actually apply your make up.... Do not choose a blush you haven't tried on first before putting it on for real after your foundation-like routine!!!!  Bright colors scare me - this palette is full of em.  When I swatched them on my arm - each color looked very wearable.  Then I picked one. Stippled it onto the cheek bone and voila! All the colors are very pigmented.  Each duo pan has a matte and shimmer finish.  The trick with blush is the amount on your brush and where you begin placing the color.  Start with just a little bit of color and place it at the height of the cheek bone, working your way toward the center of the face - or the end of the cheekbone - an up /down, right to left motion on the right side of the face and up/ down left to right motion on the left side of the face.  After you work the product, check for your desired intensity and repeat as needed.  This method works for me and is not the only way to apply blusher.  4 out of 5 stars.

Liquid Eyeliner 
This product I was not too happy about only because I was not aware that these kinds of liquid liners are not typically waterproof.  So with that being said -  the liner I think, would give other higher end products a run for their money for the price point of the BH product.  What I do like is that the pen stayed very moist with the cap being off for over 5 minutes.  The fluidity of the liner is very consistent and the color is a true black.  The felt tip is a nice length where you can manipulate the width of the lines you create with this product.  Over all, this product gets 3 out of 5 stars. 



!!!CONTEST ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!

Because I love the Party Girl and Day and Night Palettes so much, I will be giving them away very soon!!! I just placed my order.  There will be a 3 winners.  
3rd Place - 1 Party Girl Palette
2nd Place - 1 Day and Night Palette
1st Place - 1 Party Girl AND 1 Day and Night

Once the products arrive, I will post contest details on this site. The winners will be announced on this site as well.  This is just a little appreciation for reaching 100 YouTube Subscribers!!!!!


Comments