The Balm Beauty Essential Combo Set

My latest purchase!  You don't know how excited I was when I found this at Marshalls!!! I have another The Balm Combo Set I found there, so every time I'm in Marshalls or TJ Maxx, I look for "designer" cosmetics.  This set comes with a face primer, blush/e/s, bronzer, mascara and cheek and lip stain all for $12.99!!!! WHAT!!!! Yes, you read it right!!! Chile' when I tell you that I shouted for joy in the store and people were looking at me like I was CRAZY, lol; I did not have a care in the world, I was so excited!!!!

This is an initial review.  I will use these products together in a Haultorial on YouTube so look for that towards the end of this month.

Let's look at the products individually.

1. Time Balm Face Primer, 1 fl. oz.  $30

 As with any primer it is worn to even out the texture of skin and helps your makeup last.  Special thing about this primer is that it is designed to be worn without make up as well for "visibly softer skin" because it is infused with vitamins A, C and E, Allantoin and Bioflavonoids.  So what is Allantoin?  Personally, I have never heard of this substance, so of course, I Googled it and this is what I found. 

Allantoin is a powdery substance that is used to protect the skin.  According to Majestic Mountain Sage, "The FDA has approved the following statements for non-prescription, drug products containing Allantoin at 0.5% to 2.0%.


  • For the temporary protection of minor cuts, scrapes, burns and sunburn.
  • Helps prevent and temporarily protects chafed, chapped, cracked, or wind burned skin and lips.
  • Relieves dryness and softens cold sores and fever blisters.
  • Helps treat and prevent diaper rash. Protects chafed skin/minor skin irritation due to/associated with diaper rash and helps protect from/seal out wetness.
Allantoin is considered to be nontoxic, nonirritating and non-allergenic. Allantoin is safe and effective in the dosage range recommended (0.5 to 2.0%) as a skin protectant" (Majestic Mountain Sage, 2010).

What are Bioflavoniods?  It is the compound that gives plants their bright color and it has many healing properties such as antioxidants; it promotes better eyesight; improved cardiovascular health; increased capillary strength; improved structure of connective tissues and appearance of skin; and a stronger immune system; bioflavonoids have a vitamin C and vitamin E enhancing effect, which means they can boost the function of these powerful antioxidant vitamins (Gastelu, 2005).  

Now I know what's in it, I am even more excited and anxious to try this product!!! 

Sidebar - this product is the $hit!!!! It is non greasy, glides on and works right into the skin - no residue what-so-ever.  When I use this product, I always get compliments on how beautiful my skin looks!!! True Story.

2. Hot Mama! E/S and Blush, All-In-One, 7 grams $19
This color is sooooo beautiful.  It really comes off - on me- as a very, very soft pinky, peachy color.  Someone who is fairer skinned will have a very nice flush of natural cheek color with this product.


This product is extremely pigmented.  It is a beautiful pink ,peach tone (I see more pink than peach).  I used a lot of product on my finger so the color would show on my skin.


3. Bahama Mama - Bronzer 7 gm $19
Now, this is exactly my skin tone.  So this will not show up on me.  I haven't used it just yet, so I really don't know how I can use it.  But again, for someone more fair skinned than I, I am sure the color payoff for you would be fantastic.  

4. Staniatic - Lip and Cheek Stain in Beauty Queen .03 fl oz. $17
I absolutely love this product!!!! Especially in love with Beauty Queen because of the color.  It is perfect for medium to dark skin tones.  A little bit of product really goes a long way.  With the gloss type wand, it is easy to apply to the face and you work it in with your fingers or a blush brush.  I have also used this as a lip stain and it lasts ALL DAY - even when eating.   So, of course it lasts all day when used on the face.




5.Cheater Mascara 3.7g $18


This mascara has a volumizing formula with Panthenol, which is alcohol analog of pantothenic acid (vitamin B5).  Its properties include penetrating readily skin & hair, potent moisturizer & softener of the skin, makes the skin more elastic, soothes irritated skin (anti-inflammatory effects), heals minor wounds (promotes epithelialization), gives the hair moisture & shine, reduces spilt ends (MakingCosmetics.com, 2011). The wand is absolutely amazing!  It makes my lashes look great!!! Not sure if it's waterproof, but I haven't had any residue smear or smudge from prolonged wear. Excellent product.

Over all, I am extremely pleased with these products and would most definietly purchase again individually if I have to!!! If you have not had a chance to try TheBalm Cosmetics, you should.  

References:
Gastelu, D. 2005. All About Bioflavonoids. Retrieved from: http://www.supplementfacts.com/BioflavonoidBook.htm
 
Majestic Mountain Sage. 2010. Allantoin. Retrieved from: http://www.thesage.com/catalog/products/Allantoin.html 
MakingCosmetics.com. 2011. Provitamin B5 (d-panthenol). Retrieved from http://www.makingcosmetics.com/Provitamin-B5-d-panthenol-p154.html

Comments