Gorgeous Blue Smokey Eye Fall 2012

December 3, 2012

Products Used
*I do have the products annotated in the video, but I also placed them here in a concise list with commentary.  

Primer: M.A.C.s Paint Pot in Painterly  Lemme tell you something, I have used eyeshadow primers from  E.L.F, NYX, BH Cosmetics and Urban Decay and by far, this is the best e/s primer yet.  Just look at the before and after pics of this look.  I was out, dancing in a hot atmosphere. Now, I purposely tried not to break a sweat, lol.  But my e/s did not crease, fade or budge at all.  It is worth the investment of 18.50.  You don't need much and it will last a very long time.  This will make its way into my MUA kit eventually.  

I did not use "Painterly" alone.  To make the colors pop, I also used a little bit of NYX Jumbo Pencil in White. Many of you may already be using this product.  So I must attribute the staying power to both products. But in the Paint Pots defense, I use it mostly without the white base and the makeup does not budge!
  
Featured Eyeshadow:  Lighter Blue Shade - found in the 88 Color Matte Eyeshadow Palette. BUT, the link to the palette that shows the picture looks slightly different from the one I have.  I used a blue that had a turquoise undertone, but not on the soft side.  

Medium Blue Shade: Afterparty Pressed Eyeshadow by Sugar Pill Cosmetics.  I have the Sweet Heart Palette, but the palettes are a better buy than the individuals and unfortunately, it is very hard to find the palettes in stock! That's how pigmented these shadows are!  Also, when using Sugar Pill, always use a primer and base because they can sometimes stain the lid -in my experience.
 
Dark Blue Shade: Rock and Republic in Fiend. Another unfortunate situation is the discontinuation of this line of makeup all together.  I really do not know what makes a makeup line get noticed.  I have a lip gloss of theirs that I fell in love with. It's my perfect neutral shade, but I won't be spending Ebay auction prices for it tho.  I can make me a color!!! Ya Heard!  An alternative for this fine product is: NYX Navy Blue Matte Shadow

The transition color and highlight colors have to be skin tone appropriate. Therefore, I am not including information on those shadows here.  

Glitter - Stackables that come from hobbylobby.com. Information regarding this product in another post:Building A Beginner MUA Kit

 

Comments