Blueberry Concord Makeup Tutorial - TMB Artist Feature


Hey Girl, Hey!!! Welcome back to my website! This article is an ARTIST FEATURE!!! It lists and links all the products I used to achieve the look, along with the makeup application techniques and steps.  Stay connected with me on all my social media outlets! Twitter, Instagram, SnapChat, and Periscope use @TMBMakeup; Facebook  - TMB Makeup! 

"Blue Concord" really hit me like a ton of bricks. This blue shade leans towards a purple undertone that reminded me of blue grapes more than a blueberry. Voila!  



SKIN PREP is essential for makeup application.
Your surface has to be prepared for smooth and even coverage of foundation and eyeshadows.  Skin prep also helps to maintain the health of your skin while wearing makeup.  Think of it like painting a wall.  Most paints today have the primer built into the color. No additional steps needed.  With makeup, primers aren't built in - especially if you're using a powder.  My skin prep routine can be found here.  My steps in the routine remain the same, cleanse, moisturize and prime. My products have changed, slightly. The one product I need to mention is the Illuminating Veil in Goddess by Danessa Myricks😍.  This product is a true pro product. It is highly pigmented, dries down very quickly and just gives the skin a radiance that is scintillating.

FACE products I prefer to use to perfect the skin are liquid and cream foundations. I really enjoy the consistency created by combining both.  Formulas and shades can change depending on the season and the state of your skin.  I have combo skin which shifts between dry and oily for winter and summer. For this look,  I used Makeup Forever Water Blend Face and Body in shade Y505 as a base and then topped/mixed with Black Opal Stick Foundation in Truly Topaz.  Rationale: The Water Blend is a water resistant, water based foundation that is very thin consistency, but the color gives me that boost I needed to customize my skin tone. The Black Opal,  however, is a creamier, wax based formula that is heavier and fuller coverage. When the shades were combined, it gave me the perfect shade match, smooth and high coverage.  I applied the MUFE with a dense foundation brush, Expert Face Brush from Real Techniques;  BOSF was applied directly to the high points of the face and on my cheek area where I needed more coverage.  I blended with the same brush by stippling, buffing and then taking a beauty sponge to further the blending. My face is not complete without highlighting the highpoints of my face. I used Kat Von D Lock It Concealer in 29 Neutral. No cream contour because I wanted to keep the look soft, so I contoured with Sephora Foundation Powder in 50 Deep Mocha. All cream products were set with RCMA Colorless Setting Powder.  Brows are ABH Dip Brow in Chocolate.  Blush is from Juvia's Place Sahara Palette in Tau.

EYES are the window to the soul. Let's stain this glass with some gorgeous blue and purple hues!  The Juvia's Place Masquerade Mini Palette is superbly pigmented, long lasting and its appeal is it is an independent makeup company. Give it up for the Ma and Pop Makeup Companies! I built the crease slightly with Zulu and Ada.  The lid space I worked from the inner to the outer corner. So, I laid the purple shade, Makeda, down first to help build the shape. Then I blended the blue shade, Chi into Makeda, next blending Chi up and outward to create the angle and more diffused look on the outer corner of the eye.  With little lid space, the goal is to place the color above the natural fold or crease in the eye so the colors are seen with the eye is open.  Lashes are #43 Kara from Shop Miss A.    Eyeliner, I use all the mediums - I cannot remember which one I used for this look. 

LIPS in this look is no longer an available product. I used Zhora from OCC (Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics). If you wanted to recreate the lip, any coral, peachy nude would work.  Blues and Purples compliment oranges and peach toned colors. 


Makeup Babes,  my goal was to share with you the extensive product information about this look and to give you some insight on customizing your foundation shade, blending and pairing your eye, cheek and lip colors.  Wearing blue and purple eyeshadow is definitely a wearable look for most occasions! Don't be afraid of color! I hope I achieved my goal! Thank you for reading!

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel!
Facebook @TMBMakeup
Twitter @TMBMakeup
Instagram @TMBMakeup757
Snapchat @themakeupbaby13




Comments